Friday, July 11, 2008

Fine, I'll talk about swimming.

Okay! Tomorrow morning is the second attempt at the 7.5 hour swim. "Second?" You ask? I called off the first attempt 2weeks ago around 2.5 hours in. Yep. I quit.
Skies were clouded.
Water was cold.
Morale was low.
If you look closely, you can probably see the look of defeat in my eye.Nat asked me what song I was singing in my head out there.
The chorus to some Iggy Pop song: "No fun, my baaaaby, no fun!" Well, we're moving on folks. Not to worry.
I've got Elizabeth and Alice drafted for a "fiscally responsible" training swim tomorrow. No zodiac for these ladies. We're doing it Amish-style. Oars and paddles!
Here's the line up:
  • 7 am: Tawny gets in the cove and coves around all by her lonesome for 1.5 hrs.

If Tawny can get her ass in bed and out of bed early enough, she may even log more time beforehand to shorten the collective burden. The strategy here is that hour 2 & on will seem nicer for the company.

  • 8:30 am: Elizabeth enters the picture a la rowboat. We head east towards ATT Park.
  • 10:00am: Ebb begins and we start heading back towards Cove to meet up with Alice.
  • 11:30 ish: Alice enters the water as Tawny swims in the cove during shift change. Elizabeth can dock and call it or hit the bathroom, do a 7th inning stretch & really row her poor hands raw, if she so desires. (She says she does?!) Either way, we are covered.
  • 2:30: In the worst case projection (me entering at 7 am) the swim is over!
  • 3:30: Victory Beers!

No comments: