Friday, August 22, 2008

TRAINING OBSTACLES

Since the birth of this blog, I've been nursing along a post entitled "Training Obstacles", featuring the toughest things a regular Jane from the East Bay encounters once she decides to train for a distance swim.
I'm imagined including a picture of Nat looking especially warm and cozy underneath the sheets opposite of a shot of my alarm clock flashing 4:50 am.
There'd have to be a list of all the most notorious bartenders at the Kona Club who make it so damn hard to escape...maybe a few bad cable programs I can't turn off, but now I know why I never managed to write that one up. It was premature.
The biggest training obstacle I've faced is my neighbor's insulin dependent pit-bull.
If you've been wondering why I haven't been posting lately, the truth is, its hard to type when one hand is punctured and infected, and the other hand has the antibiotic/morphine drip.
Yep, Tawny spent 4 days and 3 nights in the hospital this week.
Special.
But hey, I am out now.
And thanks to the hospital staff and Alice, I escaped without surgery.
(See! I told you, a nurse should be on the crew roster!)
The swim goes on.
Time heals all wounds.
And it damn well better heal mine.
13 days and counting.

3 comments:

Emma said...

Spongetawn Squarehand! Sorry, I totally jacked that from Tawny. Get well soon, my dear.

Jessica Sullivan said...

Tawn, You are going ROCK that Channel, no matter what! Nothing can stop you now!!!
Jess

Tawny said...

Aww. Thanks, ladies!